Balsamic Glazed Roast Leg of Lamb
1. Pre-heat the oven to 230°C \ Gas Mark 8.
2. Trim any excess fat from the lamb, then using a sharp knife insert slivers of garlic and a few rosemary leaves into the flesh.
3. Place in a roasting tin and drizzle with the oil. Season with salt and pepper then pour the water/ wine into the tin.
4. Place the lamb into the preheated oven and cook for 15 minutes. Baste the meat well and turn the heat down to 200°C / Gas Mark 6 and continue to cook, basting often. Pink lamb will need about 1 hour 40 minutes, or if you prefer your lamb more well-done cook for about 2 hours.
5. Meanwhile place the Aspall Organic Balsamic Vinegar in a small saucepan and simmer it until it has reduced by about two thirds. The vinegar should become quite thick and sticky.
6. About 30 minutes before the meat is cooked brush the vinegar over the meat, continue cooking, brushing about twice more with the balsamic. Remove the meat from the oven and allow to sit on a carving board in a warm place for 15 minutes before serving.
7. If you have any balsamic left brush it one more time as it rests.
8. Serve with roast new potatoes and minted peas.