Cyder Braised Ham with a Honey Mustard Glaze
This sticky and juicy ham is the perfect base for any good meal. Pair it with some potatoes and veg or even just chuck it on top of a salad to enjoy. Recipe created by Seasoned Cookery School.
Method for the ham
- Place the ham into a large stock pot and cover with cold water.
- Bring to the boil and strain, removing any residue. Place the ham into a clean stock pot and half fill with cider and water until covered.
- Add the quartered onion, peppercorns and bay leaves and bring back to the boil.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat and simmer the ham for 1 ½ hours or until cooked through.
- Once cooked, remove the ham from the liquid and place into a deep baking tray.
- Pre-heat your oven to 190C, gas mark 4.
Method for the glaze
- Place all of the ingredients into a saucepan and gently heat until all combined.
- Reduce the glaze slightly until sticky.
- Using a pastry brush, paint the top of the ham with the sticky glaze.
- Place the ham into the oven to roast for 30 minutes until deep golden brown and caramelised.
- Remove from the oven, slice and serve with your favourite accompaniments.