1. Pre-heat the oven to 140°C / Gas Mark 1.
2. Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
3. Using electric beaters, whisk the egg whites and salt together in a large bowl until stiff peaks form.
4. Gradually add the sugar, whisking after each addition, until the mixture is shiny and glossy and forms firm peaks again. Sift the cornflour over the glossy egg white and sugar mixture and fold it in with a metal spoon. Then gently fold in the Aspall Cyder Vinegar with the same spoon.
5. Spoon the mixture in a roughly 18cm diameter circle on the baking paper, making sure you pile it up around the edge to make a rim.
6. Now turn down the oven to 110°C / gas mark 1/4 and cook in the oven for one and a quarter hours.
7. After that time is up, turn the oven off and leave the meringue to cool in the oven. Don’t open the door and let the heat escape.
8. When completely cold, peel off the paper and place on a serving dish. Whip the cream to soft peaks, pile into the centre of the meringue and decorate with strawberries.
9. Finally, scoop the flesh from the passionfruit and add to the top of the strawberries just before serving.