Meat Free Moussaka
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C / Gas Mark 4.
2. Cook the lentils according to the instructions on the packet.
3. Prepare the vegetables by slicing the aubergine, peppers and onion.
4. Fry the aubergine slices in olive oil until softened, then remove from the pan and keep warm.
5. Add the peppers and cook until softened. Add the garlic and cook for a further minute.
6. Add the Aspall Premier Cru Suffolk Cyder, tomato purée, cinnamon and half of the parsley, then stir in the cooked lentils.
7. Sprinkle on the vegetable stock powder, simmer for 5 minutes and season to taste.
8. For the topping, beat the eggs together with the yoghurt and ricotta and season to taste.
9. Transfer the filling, excluding the aubergines, into an ovenproof dish, sprinkle with the remaining parsley and then place
the slices of cooked aubergines to form a layer over the filling.
10. Pour on the topping followed by an even sprinkling of the parmesan.
11. Finally, grate a little nutmeg over the topping and put the dish in the oven to cook for 30 to 40 minutes until the filling is bubbling and the top is golden.