This is a perfect recipe for using the best from the farmers market. Choose a red skinned eating apple, British onions or shallots and joints of free range chicken. I cut the portions from the chicken myself leaving me wit the bonus of a chicken carcass for making delicious stock.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 – 25 minutes
- 4 chicken portions
- 2-3 red skinned eating apples
- 1 large onion sliced
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons Olive oil
- 4 tablespoons Aspall Organic Cyder vinegar
Heat the oven to 200˚C/gas mark 6
1. Core and slice the apples leaving the peel on.
2. Place these, the onion and chicken pieces in a bowl and season well. Drizzle over about 4 tablespoons olive oil and toss everything together.
3. Pour the onions and apple slices onto the base of an oven proof dish or shallow baking tray and lay the chicken pieces, skin side up, on top. Add the sprigs of rosemary and some whole garlic cloves if liked.
4. Now place the dish in a hot oven, sprinkle on the cyder vinegar and roast for about 20-25 minutes basting when ever possible.
5. Lift the chicken and onions from the oil onto warmed plates, place the apples slices and garlic on top and serve at once.