Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 750g potatoes, peeled
- Pinch of salt
- 90ml extra virgin olive oil
- 350g shallots, peeled and finely sliced
- 1tbsp Aspall Organic Balsamic Vinegar
- ½tsp dried chilli flakes
- 25g fresh flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 110g Spanish chorizo, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper
- Paprika, to dust
1. Cut the potatoes into large chunks. Place in a saucepan with salt, cover with boiling water and cook for 12 minutes. Drain and put to one side.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the shallots for 10 minutes. Empty the contents of the pan into a wire sieve set over a bowl. Keep the oil to one side and tip the cooked shallots onto a plate lined with kitchen paper.
3. Pour all but three tablespoons of the cooking oil from the bowl back into the saucepan, then whisk the Aspall Organic Balsamic Vinegar into the remaining oil in the bowl to make a dressing. Set aside.
4. Heat the oil in the saucepan and fry the part-cooked potatoes until golden and crispy. Add the chilli flakes and parsley, then tip into a serving dish.
5. Fry the chorizo off for a few seconds to release the flavours, then mix into the potatoes.
6. Pour over the dressing, season well and scatter over the onions. Dust with paprika just before serving.