The good thing about kebabs is that while they do take a little time to prepare they are simple to cook, serve and eat, all the hard work having been done earlier.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: up to 10 minutes
- Marinade: 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Aspall Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon runny honey
- 1-2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- Freshly ground black pepper and sea salt
- 2 sprigs rosemary chopped
- Skewers: 800g (1lb 12 oz) trimmed weight steak, pork fillet, lamb or chicken thigh meat.
- Red or green peppers, courgettes, red onions, button mushrooms
1. Mix the marinade ingredients together in a small saucepan and simmer for 5 minutes. Cool and use to either baste or marinade chicken, lamb or vegetables. Store left over marinade in the fridge for up to one week.
2. Cut the meat to give largish chunks about 3cm 1“ is ideal.
3. Mix the marinade ingredients together and let the meat sit in this for anything from an hour to a day.
4. Cut the vegetables into cubes of similar size to the meat.
5. Thread the cubes, alternating meat and vegetables, onto wooden or metal skewers. Brush with the excess marinade and sprinkle with salt.
6. Cook on a well-heated barbecue turning as needed until the meat is cooked to your liking.