Preparation time: 4 hours
Cooking time: 50 minutes
- 675g/1 1/2lb Pork fillet
- Shredded Greens (either spring greens or Pak Choi)
- For the paste:
- 2.5cm piece of peeled root ginger
- 6tbspns Aspall Apple Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 peeled garlic clove
- ½ tspn Chinese fivespice
- 3 tbspn soft brown sugar
- 2 tbspn soy sauce
- ½ tspn chopped de-seeded red chilli
1. Blend the paste ingredients (except the soy sauce) in a food processor until smooth.
2. Add 1 tbspn of soy sauce and boil until it forms a paste. Spread over the pork fillet.
3. Wrap in parchment paper to marinade for 2 – 4 hours.
4. Pre-heat oven to 200˚c/gas mark 6.
5. Roast the pork for 35 minutes open up parchment parcel and cook for a further 15 minutes glaze with the juices.
6. Stir-fry a selection of the green leaves tossing them in 1 tablespoon of sesame oil and 1 tablespoon Aspall Apple balsamic vinegar for one minute with sesame seeds.
7. Slice the fillet and place on to the stir-fry mixture.