Serves: 4 Preparation: 15 minutes Cooking: 40 minutes
- 10 ml/2tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 (175g) chicken breast fillets, skinned
- 30ml/2 tbsp mixed peppercorns, crushed
- 15ml/1 tbsp plain flour
- 30ml/2 tbsp olive oil
- 175g baby onions, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 60ml/4 tbsp Aspall Organic Cyder Vinegar
- 200ml cyder
- 30ml/2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- Salt & ground black pepper
- 60ml/4 tbsp crème frâiche
1. Use your fingers to smear the mustard all over the chicken fillets. Sprinkle the peppercorns, flour and a little salt onto a plate and coat each fillet with seasoned flour.
2. Heat the oil in a heavy based frying pan, add the chicken fillets, onions and garlic, and cook for 8 minutes, turning once until golden brown.
3. Add the vinegar, cyder and half the thyme to the pan and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, then remove the lid and simmer for a further 15 minutes or until the sauce is syrupy. Season to taste. Stir in the crème fraiche then simmer for 2 minutes or until it has melted into the sauce. Serve sprinkled with the remaining thyme.