Preparation: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 3.5 hours
- 2.5 kg pork belly ribs
- 5 tbsp (100ml) Aspall Cyder Vinegar
- 2 tbsp (40ml) tomato paste
- 2 tbsp (40ml) soy sauce
- 3 tbsp (60ml) honey
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper, ground
- ¼ tsp black pepper, ground
- Salt to taste
Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (Gas Mark 4)
1. Mix all the sauce ingredients in a saucepan and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add salt to taste, allow to cool.
2. Split the sauce in half into two bowls, one for marinating the ribs and the other for basting the meat whilst cooking.
3. In the first bowl, marinate the ribs for an hour.
4. Place the ribs in the oven and cook for a total of two hours, the first hour with the ribs covered. Discard any marinade which has been used with the raw meat.
5. After an hour, take the cover off the meat and cook for a further half hour.
6. For the last half hour, baste the ribs occasionally with the remaining marinade.
7. Bring the remaining marinade to the boil and serve with the cooked ribs.
8. Serve with freshly cooked rice and salad.