Preparation: 5 minutes
Cooking: 20-25 minutes
- 300ml/½pt Dry Premier Cru Cyder
- 150g/5oz pitted no-soak prunes
- 4 (175g/6oz) pork loin steaks
- 15g/ ½oz butter
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 leeks) sliced
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh sage
- 4 tbsp crème fraiche
- Salt and ground black pepper
1. Place the prunes in a small bowl and pour over the cyder, set aside. Heat half the butter and oil in a heavy based frying pan, add the pork steaks and cook for 10-12 minutes, turning once until golden brown on both sides and no pinkness remains in the middle.
2. Add the leeks and sauté for 2-3 minutes or until soft. Add the cyder and prunes, mustard and sage and stir well, bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes or until reduced by half. Stir in the crème fraiche and season to taste. Simmer for 5 or until the sauce has slightly thickened.
3. To serve, divide the pork between four serving plates and spoon the sauce mixture over. Delicious served with creamed potatoes and green beans.