Caramelised Fennel and Onion Crostini with Goats Cheese
Amazing as a light lunch or appetisers for guests, this is easy to make but so delicious that it will be worth the 20 minutes preparation time. Recipe Created by Seasoned Cookery School.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in pan and add onion, fennel and garlic.
- Stir until well coated in the oil and the onion and fennel start to soften but not brown.
- Increase the heat, add the sugar and stir constantly for 2-3 minutes or until starting to brown.
- Stir in mustard and vinegar and season generously with salt and black pepper.
- When the liquid has evaporated, reduce the heat slightly and leave the mixture to caramelize and darken around the edges, stirring occasionally for a further 8-10 minute. Leave to cool.
- Serve the fennel and onion mixture on prepared Crustini and top with goats cheese and a grind of black pepper.
- If preferred goats cheese may be glazed with blow torch.