Parsnip, Rosemary & Cracked Pepper Shrub
- Par roast the parsnips until they just start to cook and caramelise
- Transfer to a saucepan, add chopped rosemary, cracked black peppercorns and vinegar Warm through gently – do not boil
- Transfer to airtight container and store in a cool dark place Macerate
- Leave to infuse for minimum 5 days – the longer the better; 2-3 weeks is ideal for this shrub
- After suitable infusion, strain contents through sieve into a saucepan
- Gently warm and add half the sugar – add more to taste if required Strain through muslin if preferred
- This recipe should make 750-800ml of shrub - decant in to sterilised bottle and store in fridge. The shrub should store for 6-8 weeks
- To serve: Shake before serving. Use a rocks glass(min 9oz ideally) filled with ice, add 40ml shrub and top up with sparkling water or soda and a sprig of rosemary to garnish.
Watch our video How to make a vinegar shrub - Parsnip, Rosemary & Cracked Pepper for a step by step guide.