Raspberry & Mint Shrub
Sweet sour raspberries and fragrant mint combine wonderfully in this super aromatic and flavour packed shrub. Rich, fresh and full bodied – an English summer garden in a glass and a drink for all occasions.
- Transfer the raspberries, mint and vinegar to a saucepan.
- Warm through gently making sure that is doesn not boil. Stir throughout allowing all of the mixture to heat through evenly.
- Once the raspberries are warm and well mixed, transfer to airtight container and store in a cool dark place.
- Macerate the fruit leaving it to infuse for minimum 5 days but the longer the better!
- After the 5 or more days, strain contents through sieve or muslin cloth into a saucepan leaving you with a delicious flavourful liquid,
- Gently warm the liquid and add half the sugar (add more to taste if required).
- Decant in to sterilised bottle and store in the fridge. This shrub should keep for a good for 6-8 weeks.
- To serve: take a hurricane glass, fill with ice and tear one large mint leaf half way through and add to glass. Pour over 40ml shrub Top with fizzy water and enjoy!
Watch our video How to make a vinegar shrub - Raspberry & Mint for a step by step guide.