Spiced Apple Shrub
- Core the apples, shred or dice.
- Place the apple in a saucepan and add the coriander seeds, star anise and Aspall Organic Cyder Vinegar.
- Gently warm through but do not boil.
- Transfer to airtight container and store in a cool dark place to macerate (leave to infuse) for a minimum of 5 days.
- After 5 days, strain the contents through a sieve into a saucepan.
- Gently warm and add half the sugar – add more to taste if required.
- Strain through muslin if preferred
- Decant in to sterilised bottle and store in fridge. The shrub should store for 6-8 weeks.
- To serve: Shake before serving. Use a hiball glass filled with ice, add 40ml shrub and top up with sparkling water or soda.
Watch our video How to make a vinegar shrub - Spiced Apple for a step by step guide.