Spiced Cyder Pakoras
Serve these Pakoras as the perfect starter or even as a side to a delicious curry. Recipe created by Seasoned Cookery School.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together with the fresh coriander.
- Slowly start adding the cider to form a batter. You don’t want the batter to be too thick or too thin, it needs to be able to coat the vegetables without being too heavy.
- Add the onions and other vegetables and mix together to coat well and set aside.
- Add the vegetable oil to a heavy based frying pan and heat allowing the oil to become very hot before reducing to a medium heat for cooking the pakoras. Caution: take care when frying due to the oil spitting.
- Add spoonfuls of pakora batter mixture carefully into the oil, a few at a time, trying not to overcrowd the pan as this will affect the cooking of the pakoras.
- Fry gently, turning over occasionally for 3 minutes or until golden brown in colour.
- Remove the fried pakoras with a slotted spoon and place on kitchen paper to drain before transferring to serving dish.
- Either serve straight away or keep warm in a low oven (100°C) until ready to serve. Serve with a delicious mint yoghurt dip for a great starter!