450g pork sausages
450g red skinned plums
1 tbsp olive oil
1 shallot, peeled and chopped
1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
Fresh root ginger, ½ inch in size, peeled and grated
60g un-refined sugar
Zest of a lemon and an orange
1 red chilli, finely chopped
115ml Aspall Organic Cyder Vinegar
1. Quarter the plums and remove the stones.
2. Heat the oil in a small saucepan and fry the shallot until it changes colour.
3. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for a further minute. Now add the plums, sugar, zest, chilli, salt and Aspall Organic Cyder Vinegar.
4. Bring the mixture up to boiling point and simmer until the plums are soft and the mixture quite thick. Allow to cool.
5. While the chutney is cooking grill the sausages under a moderate grill, turning from time to time until well coloured and cooked through.
6. Serve with mashed potatoes.