250g blackberries (gently washed and dried)
150ml Aspall organic cyder vinegar
50g Billington’s golden granulated sugar
pinch Maldon sea salt
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp juniper berries
½ tsp yellow mustard seeds
2 slices lemon peel
2 slices fresh ginger
1 bay leaf
- Make your brine by placing all of the ingredients into a pan and gently warm until the sugar and salt has dissolved and the brine has infused. Cool to room temperature.
- Arrange the blackberries into your sterilised jar to about 1cm from the top and fill with the cooled brine making sure you cover the berries completely.
- Tap out any trapped air bubbles and refill with the brine until about ½ cm from the jars rim and seal.
- Keep refrigerated and let pickle for a day or two.
- Add to savoury or sweet dishes such as yoghurt for breakfast or topped onto seeded loaf with Crème fraîche and mackerel.
Thank you to Kylee Newton for creating this exclusive recipe for us.