Toffee Apple and Cyder Cake
Try this amazing Toffee Apple and Cyder Cake created by Seasoned Cookery School.
To Find out more about Seasoned, go to their website, Facebook or follow them on Twitter.
- Preheat your oven to 180C/160 fan/ Gas Mark 4.
- Grease and line a 9” cake tin with non stick silicone paper.
- Sift the flour and ground cinnamon together into a bowl and set aside.
- Place the dates and cider into a small saucepan and bring to a simmer until the dates are soft (this should take around
- Set aside to cool. Add the dates to a small food processor and pulse until you are left with small chunks of dates (you
don’t want the mix to be completely smooth).
- Meanwhile, using an electric hand whisk, beat together the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy (this should take around
- Gradually add the eggs a little at a time and continually mix together. If the mixture begins to curdle, add a spoonful of
flour to bring the mixture back to a smooth consistency.
- Once all of the eggs have been added, fold in the cinnamon flour mix until incorporated. Fold in the grated apple, toffee
pieces and cooled date mixture.
- Pour the cake mixture into the prepared tin and place in the oven to bake for 50 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean
when inserted into the cake.
- Once baked, remove from the oven and set aside to cool slightly in the tin, before fully removing from the tin and leaving
to cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, prepare your toffee cider sauce. Add all of the sauce ingredients to a saucepan and heat until the butter and
sugar have melted.
- Simmer and stir until the sauce has thickened and is the desired colour and consitency. Keep warm and poor over a slice of
the cooled cake!